The purpose of Internet marketing is to get people to visit your website. There are several ways to market yourself online. The first most important is to have a website that is search engine optimized (SEO). Then create an email database, make sure to actively be blogging, and is to use social media. Keep your posts interesting, using text, photos, videos, and any other forms of communication you can. Online webinars are a great way to attract and convert new clients.
Important: This part of the training begins once your website is already established. Afterwards, you can move on to the next steps. The following is suggested information only.
A few basic steps to internet marketing:
- Email Database
- Social Networking
Create your client database:
We recommend the Jetpack subscription email function on WordPress. Jetpack is a plugin. Every time you publish a new blog post, Jetpack will automatically send an email notification to your email list.
Collect emails from those who want to follow you. You can have them sign-up on your website or you can manually add them.
Add an email subscription widget to your sidebar or as a button on the main navigation menu.
Send out a new blog post at least once per week.
Offer sales specials, events, promotions, etc.
How to write a Blog for SEO…
- Write about something related to what you are doing. Include interesting and valuable content and information. Keep in mind it doesn’t have to very long.
- After you have written the post, carefully name it (The Title) using keywords. Think about what words people are searching for and also try to keep it related to what you are writing about.
- At the end of your post, you will want to ask a question to engage readers and hopefully create a future conversation.
- Add a call to action at the bottom of your post. Example: “Call today to learn more.” In doing this, you will lead your clients to what you want them to do next.
- Insert a related image and be sure to label it with a name in your attached keywords. It is best to have the photo aligned to the left of your text post.
- Ask for a response or review.
- Engage with your audience via Social Networking.
You can set up Jetpack Sharing/Publicize connections to auto-post to Facebook, Instagram, Google Plus, etc. Remember the final goal is to get viewers to visit your website.
When adding a video, first upload to YouTube. Then copy the embed code and add it to your website. When sending people to your video, send them to your website, not YouTube.
It is a good idea to do this weekly if you can. Staying updated is the key to keeping your website consistently popping up on the search engines.
Share what you know! Don’t be intimidated by doing a webinar! It’s really quite easy. A webinar is usually offered for free and the purpose is to share a brief explanation of your service or a topic within your service. Don’t give it all away, just a taste. Eventually, you will offer your webinar guests to go to your website or call to learn more. We use www.FreeConferenceCall.com and www.BlogTalkRadio.com
Social networking is a great way to drive traffic to your website. Facebook is the world’s leading social networking platform today. Create a personal Facebook account then create a Facebook page for your business. Google + and Instagram are also good places to market your business.
Video is one of the most important things that can bring your website up higher on the search engines. Get comfortable being in front of the camera. You don’t have to hire a professional to do this. You can do it!
- Create a short video of your coaching services. A good idea is to have someone interview you. Have the questions listed on a piece of paper that you want them to ask you.
- Create a YouTube account
- Upload your video making sure to use keywords in the title
- Embed the video to your website